Sunday, April 24, 2005
Good Thoughts - 17
- The point of power is in the present, past has no power. Forget the past. Each day is new beginning.
- You have no control over what happens outside you. But you can control what happens inside you.
- Love, help and concern for others make us extra-ordinary. It helps in attaining charisma in us.
- It is not that some people have will power and some not. It is that some people are ready to change and others are not.
- A person with charisma spends time with people to see and feel their needs, he has - Concern, he Helps, there is Action, is Result oriented.
- Happiest people are those who make others happy, unhappiest are those who want the world to make them happy.
- Guru says- makes it a walking mantra -I love and accept myself as I am.
- Life is full of choices and comprises. Life is not just party and pleasure. It also has pain and despair but we can choose our attitude. Be positive.
- It is good to be child like in faith, unconditional in love and happiness, and adult in experience and wisdom.
- Smile please - click - Smile all the while as if you are being photographed, have a wonderful day.
- Value each precious moment. Morning brings hope, afternoon brings faith, evening brings love and night brings rest. Wish you find them all today.
- If yesterday did not end up the way you planned just remember GOD created today for you to start a new one. The best is yet to come. Have a wonderful day.
- Strength is withdrawing the mind from the problem from the moment fixing it on the truth i.e. self.
Sunday, March 27, 2005
Geeta Gyan - 5
Vairagya ka arth hei ki kisi se itna raag na ho ki apna swaroop he bhool jaye, dusra arth he ki na kisise raag na dvesh, tesra arth he ki jagat (world) bana he nahi hei, jo bhi dikhai de raha he sab naashvan hei. Is mithya Sansar se preet na lagayein, ye sab nahi rehne wala hei, swapn (dream) ke saman hei.
Jis mahatma ne apni kamnaon ko sameit liya he, jaise samudra nadiyon ko apne beech me pravist kar leta he, vo hi shanti aur anand ko pata he, doosra nahi.
Gyanwan na kuch grahan karta he, na tyag karta he. Gyan se sab shaj he tyag ho jata he, usme kisi tarah ka koi ahankar, abhiman nahi rehta hei.
'Indriyan apne apne guno me barat rahi hain, leken mei akarta atma, inse asang hun,' gyani ka ye nischay rehta he. Apne ko kisi bhi karm ka karta manna bhari bhul hei.
Agar is sansar roopi picture ko sach manege to dukhi hongey, aur natak ki tarah janenge to koi dukh mehsus nahi hoga. Apne shant swaroop atma me rahenge.
Jaise current ki shakti se parde per picture dikhai deti hei, isi tarah atma ki satta se maya roopi parde per sansar roopi picture dikhai deti he.
Bina zeher piye; bina tap kiye; koi meera nahi banta; aur bina meera bane udhdhar nahi hota.
Guru ki daant to mohan-thal se bhi pyari hoti hei, daant se he udhdhar hota he. Har samey prem ki chahna dukh deti he.
Mann ka tap he - prasann rehna. Aatm nischay me rehne vala prasann chitt rehta he.
Mann ko vishyon se hatana bhi mann ka tap he, ye hota he vairagya ke dwara.
Jo kisi ko dekh kar prasann hota hei, kisi ko dekh kar krodhit hota he, to ye manmukh hone ka lakshan hei. Gurumukh sadev apne eikras swaroop atma me rehta hain.
Koi nai cheej ya dusri cheej ho to ichcha ho sakti hei, per jab ek ghare ne jana ki mei mitti hun, aur sab mitti he hei, to ab mitti, mitti ki ichcha kya karegi. When we know that all is our own self then we rise above desires. I never want anything from myself, but whenever I see towards somebody else I start having desires.
Kyonki do nav (atma aur mein) me per rakhkar kahin nahin pahunch sakte, islye ek taraph apne sat chit anand swaroop atma me ho jayen.
Shanti bahar kahin (vastu, vyakti, ghatna, paristhiti, desh, kal,) me nahin mil sakti, kewal apne swaroop me he mil sakti he.
Kamna kewal gyan sunne se nahi jati, balki brahm abhyas se door hoti hei.
Mei atma maha samudra hun, isme jagat jahaj, jeev vyapari hei. Chitt roopi vau ke shant hone se jagat, jeev nasht ho jate hain.
Jaise jaise atm-swaroop se prem badhta hei aur sansar se vairagya pakka guru karate hain to sansar ki importance mit ti hei.
Gyani tyag bhawna se, aasakti rahit hokar, lokhit ke liye karm karte hain, isliye unko karm bandhan nahi hota hei.
Geeta Gyan - 4
Shubh karmo ka phal he nishkami Satguru ka milna, nishkami guru ke milne ka phal he 'mukti'(swaroop ka gyan) - "I am not this body I am that atma."
Indriyan vash mei kaise ho? Indriyon ka raag dwesh rahit ho jana he unka vash me hona hei. Antermukhta se bhe indriya sahaj vash ho jaati hain. Antermukhta hei har samay swaroop ke or dhyan rehna.
Kaam krodh se bachne ka kya upay he? Priya va apriya vastu ka chintan, manan, darshan and uske bare me baat Na karna kaam krodh se bachne ka upay he.
Shatru, mitra, priya, apriya- sab bhram matra hein. Ek he nirakar saakar hua he, vahi sab rupon me hei by knowing his truth the gyani sees his own self everywhere.
Jagat me durlabh kya he?
- Brahm vichar yani aatm chintan karna.
Sab taraf se dhyan hatkar ek apne swarop me lag jana aur sansar me kuch bhi pane ki chahna na rehna he vairagya he.
Vasna, kamna aur sankalp se karm bante hain. Jo atma me stith hai vo karte hue bhi akarta hei, shareer se kriyaen hoti hain, jo hona hota he vohi hota he, hum bekar me karta ban jate hain aur dukhi hote hain.
Jab duniya wale hum se kuch kuch kehte hain to bura manne ke bajaye VAIRAGYA LENA chahiye. Jab koi hamari ninda kata hei to hamare karm kat te hain aur mann unse vairagya le ki dekho ye log mere apne kahan hain, jo mujhse kuch kuch keh rahe hain?
Jisne aisa jaan liya hei ki me mukt swaroop atma hun, baki sab natak me role ho raha hei, uske sare paap nasht ho jate hain, vo nishpaap hei.
Guru ne bataya natak ko chalne do hamari suruti aur prem niranter apne swarup mein rahe, jo ho so hone do sab theek hei. Sada prasann raho.
Devi vidhan he ki manush mann se aaram mei, shanti va shok rahit avastha me rahe. Tan se sada kaam me laga rahe. Be still in an ocean of motion.
Vairagya kyon jarori hei? Kyonki vair ya raag wale mei hi mann atakta he. Mann nirvikalp rahe isliye vairagya chahiye. Guru he vair or rag se bacha kar prem sikhate hain.
Guru aur Satsang premi hamare pehredar hein. Satsang mazboot kila he jo hame sab dushmano se bachata he. Vaise dust mann he dushman hei.
Mata ke samaan sukh dene wala kaun hei? Adhyatm vidya. Jaise mata ki godi me aakar bachcha vishram pata hei vaise he atm-gyan he sukh deta hei.
KISSE BHAY KARNA CHAHIYE? 1. LOKAPVAD(GALAT KAAM KARNE SE NINDA HONA) 2. SANSAR ROOPI VAN (MAYA,KAMNI, KANCHANKIRTI) SE DARNA CHAHIYE.
Kaam aur krodh agni he. Ek baar krodh karne se ek mahine ka tap nasht hota he. Ek saal me 12 baar krodh karne se sampurn tap, dhyan v satsang ka fal nasht hota he.
Sansar ko sagar kaha. Sagar me har pal lehar aati he. Gehrai me shant he. Isi prakar dukh sukh roopi halat ati jati he. Jo antarmukhta me he sam, shant he, vohi sukhi he.
Apne chitt ko shant rakho. Apne mann ko shudh vicharo se bhar do. Tab aapke virudh koi khada na ho sakega, Aisa devi vidhan he. Always be pure, positive in your thought.
Satru, mitra, priya, apriya - sab hamare mitra hain. Ek he nirakar saakar hua he, vahi sab roopon me hei to kis se rag kis se dvesh. Love all alike. We all are one basically.
ZINDGI PREM AUR MUSKURANE KE LIYE HEI. GURU NE HAME NISHKAM PREM SIKHAYA HE. SARV SE PREM GURU KE PAAS AA KAR HE HUM SEEKHTE HAIN.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
Good Thoughts - 16
- To have God in our lives does not mean sailing in a boat with no storms, rather it means sailing in a boat, no storm can sink. Sail on.
- The kingdom of heaven is within. If a person has no true joy, love in his heart, he will not find joy outside though he is in heaven. You are prem, anand, & mukt swarup.
- I know greatness lies in the minds of the great. I know that what I believe about myself is what I will become so I believe in the best for myself.
- Be full of life and enthusiasm. An enthusiastic person brightens and infuses life in everything. Nobody wants to be around complainers and -ve thinkers.
- You will always get an idea and solution to your problem if you do not panic. Be relaxed- no tension but attention. Why fear when god is near.
- Love is not some thing to argue, reason and bargain about. It is something to give, to feel.
- Misery is caused by wrong thinking, outlook and attitude. No person or situation can make you unhappy, if your thought does not make you so. Be positive and full of happiness.
- Don't be a push button machine. Don't give the switch of your happiness in others hands. Happiness is within. Be your own master.
- We choose our own happiness and misery. Destiny presents the situation but reaction is our own. When we say I am miserable, mad, it is our choice. So choose to be happy.
- If pessimist sees dificulties in every opportunity, the optimist sees opportunities in every difficulty.
- Thought is the most powerful living dynamic force. Never have the thought of fear, anger, and hatred. But think always of love, faith, positive and constructive thought.
- Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out of it alive anyways.
- Happiness keeps you sweet, trials keep you strong. Sorrows keep you human, failures keep you humble. Success keeps you glowing. But only god keeps you going.
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
Good Thoughts - 15
- Sab bhoot mere mahi he me sab bhoot mahi hun.haise ghade me mittee ke alava kuch nahe hai. Ase he tatv dristi se me he to ho. To kisese raag kisese dvesh.
- Live for the whole universe. 3 ways we can serve tan,man,dhan se.than dhan ki seva limited hai. Mann ki seva unlimited hai.
- Atma me rehna ya antermukhi rehna ek he baat hai. Uska phir kahin dhyan nahi hota, use kisese koi pareshani nahi hei.
- Guru ne bataya natak bana hua hai baher se drasti hatakar antarmukhi rahen, tabhi sukhi reh sakte hain.
- Raag dvesh purv sanskar anusar ate hai gyan ka vichar karna,lana padta hai jab jana sarvatra mein he to hun to kisse raag kisse dvesh.
- Be in swaroop nishchay 365 days n a year 24 hours a day, 60minutes every hour in 60 seconds every minute because aap ATMA jaisa koi nahin! You are the best !
Good Thoughts - 14
- You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.
- Past is history future is mystery, present is a gift so enjoy it before it becomes a history.
- The secret of success is non attachment to results, doing our best at the moment, and letting the results take care of themselves.
- Laugh like you have never cried, play like you have never lost, love like you have never been hurt and live like there is no tomorrow.
- Good thoughts become reality in our outward life in the form of good conditions. Our life is what we make it by our thoughts and deeds.
- Day by day in every way, through the grace of GOD I am getting better and better physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Success is getting what we want. Happiness is wanting what we get, i.e. being happy in what ever we achieve.
- Every adversity has the seed of a greater benefit. Sometimes the things that seem to be adversities turn out to be opportunities.
- Life is very simple. We get back what we give. What we believe we experience. Every word we say, think and believe comes true so always be positive.
- Love is smiling on the inside out (ander bahar ka prem). Love creates an 'us' without destroying a 'me'.
- The most important living persons U.YOUR SUCCESS, HEALTH, HAPPINESS DEPENDS ON YOUR MENTAL ATTITUDE. BE POSITIVE ALWAYS AND HAVE THE BEST.
- I relax knowing, I am, in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing . All is well and perfect in my LIFE. I am positive always. Thanks to my mentor.
- If we remove I and ME then ego vanishes. When ego vanishes, hatred, anger lust, sorrow all disappear and luv shines.
- Success is not how high we go in life but how many times we bounced back when we fall. How many times we overcame obstacles is success.
- To be loved be a lovable person. A luvable person is natural, easy to be with and has genuine love for all (prem swaroop) let love flow.
- There is no chance, no destiny, and no fate that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul. Move ahead.
- No effort made by you ever goes in vain. All pains discomfort and hard work borne by you will definitely bear fruit. Be positive. Be patient.
- The devotee must seek the GURU and accept him as his counselor, philosopher, friend and guide. GOD IS TRUTH.REALIZE TRUTH, SEEK IT WITHIN THE SOUL.
- Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth. ' GOD'S will is my will.'
Good Thoughts - 13
- Jo deh bhav ko chorkar guru ki sharan me rehkar atam nischey ko pakka karta hei usko sadhak kehte hein.
- Guru ke prem me sahaj he mann se algav ho kar nishchey pakka ho jata he. Tum yadi sher ho to phir bakri nahi ho . vichar karo thm kaun ho ATMA ya Shareer.
- Karm bandhan se mukti ke liye- 1. Nishkam karm. 2. Egoless hona. 3. Sreshth acharan. 4. Indriyan apne guno me barat rahi hain, aisa janna.
- Kya leher kabhi sagar ko dubo sakti hei? Ye mann roopi leher mujh sagar roopi aatm tatv ka kuch nahin bigad sakti.
- HAVA KO, PANI KO, AAG KO, GURU KO, KOI DOSH NAHI KYONKI VO SAMARTH HAIN, ARTHAT SERV KE HiT ME LAGE HUE HAIN, NISHKAMI HAIN.
- Sakami vyakti antehkaran se milkar karm karta he. Nishkami ke kriya antahkaran se na milkar swarth rahit hoti he isliye nishkami ke Karm nahi bante, voh karm karte hue bhi nirbandhan he, mukt hei.
- Geele karpre ko aag nahi lagti. Aise he jiska hirday prem se bhara aur mann vicharon se khali he usko koi baat touch nahi karti. Anand me rehta he.
- Jab agyan ka parda hata to maya kahan hei. GURU ne bataya sarvatra tum hi to ho. Ek nirakar chetan tatava he to hei.
- Ignorant (anjan) men imagine that dishonesty is a shortcut to prosperity. Beimani jyada din nahi chalti, Its easier to stay away from troubles than to get out when you are in it.
- Prem ki purnata hei jab vo apna aap dekh kar harmless ho jata he. Phir uska koi kuch nahi bigar sakta. Sari universe uska sath deti hei
- Sadhak vishay chintan se door rahe, vishayee purushon ka sang na kare, halka evam satvik bhojan kare, chamatkar me na atke, guru ke sanidhya me rahe.
- Shankar nij sahaj swaroop sanwara, lagi samadhi, akhand apara. AAJ KE DIN GURU NE JO ATAM NISCHEY KARAYA HE USME RAHENGE. Antarmuki sada sukhi.
Good Thoughts - 12
- Love is unselfish, love understands for it sees with heart not with mind.
- The problem with most people is they would rather be praised and lose, than be criticized and win.
- Life's battles don't go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can (so believe in yourself).
- Morning is God's way of saying: "one more time!" Live life. ...Make a difference...touch one heart one encourage one mind ... and inspire one soul.
- Every morning has:.. a new beginning.. a new blessing .. a new hope and it's a perfect day because its God's GIFT. Have a blessed, hopeful perfect day, good morning...
- Happiness does not come from, doing what we like to do but from liking what we have to do.
- Success is not a matter of chance, it is matter of choice Success is not a thing to be awaited but it is to be achieved.
- Criticism creates resentment, anger and a desire for revenge. A person who is criticized learns to condemn himself and find faults with others. Never criticize.
- Happiness is not an object. It is a state of mind. Nobody can make you happy. Except yourself.
- It is not because a thing is difficult that one should give it up on the other hand more the difficulty more determined one should be to succeed.
- The secret of success is non attachment to results. Doing our best and letting the results take care of themselves.
- All great success and achievement is preceded and accompanied by hard work. When in doubt, try harder. And if that does not work, try harder still!
- Life is like a movie, When you are happy-COMEDY. WHEN YOU ARE SAD -TRAGEDY. WHEN YOU GET ANGRY - ACTION AND WHEN YOU FACE THE MIRROR -LOVE STORY.
- Brain controls moods, health, emotions, dreams, memory, attitude. So if we can control our mind everything is controlled.
- People who are on fire and deeply interested in what they are doing are full of energy. When you get bored you get tired. Enjoy your work, have boundless energy.
- If I ever think that I am all alone and that no one cares, I remember this : GOD SEES, he understands and will make things better.
- Sat guru is a friend who is trustworthy companion, who shares our sorrows and eases our worries.
- If you know that someone cares for you and who walks with you, fear will be impossible. (It is GOD).
- Do not feel elevated when people praise you, do not feel depressed when people find faults with you. BE POSITIVE, BE YOURSELF.
- If a man has conquered greed, anger, hatred, pride, selfishness and ego, he has conquered the world.
- Seven rules to be happy:- 1.NEVER HATE. 2. DON'T WORRY. 3. LIVE SIMPLE. 4. EXPECT A LITTLE. 5. ALWAYS SMILE. 6. GIVE A LOT. 7. LOVE ALL ALIKE.
- The tree that bears maximum fruits also gets the maximum number of stones. So don't be afraid of criticism, move ahead, God is with you.
- When you feel oneness and sameness with ALL how can you hate and sin, all one needs is continuous remembrance of the self.
Sunday, January 09, 2005
Good Thoughts - 11
- Thinking is not your real nature. Be thoughtless. Absence of thought or mind is mediation. Sankalp vikalp ka tyag hi sachcha sanyas he.
- It's not a miracle to be happy. As fish swims, birds fly, similarly ANAND (BLISS) IS OUR REAL NATURE. SO BE HAPPY ALWAYS AND KEEP SMILING.
- Satguru is the one who takes you from this MITHYA SANSAR to your inner- self that is ATMA. One who tells you the TRUTH (Who am I ? )
- The point of power is in the present moment. The past has no power over you. Let go the old negatives and be willing to change. Your mind is powerful tool you can use.
- Thought is the most powerful living dynamic force. Never have the thought of fear, anger and hatred. But always have thoughts of love faith, positive and constructive thoughts.
- Think big. Think best. Think ahead. Ideas are no ones monopoly. To make your ideas come true do 100% effort. Positively and surrender unto god.
- Before you judge a person, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, ..........who cares? He is a mile away and the shoes are yours...........
- Men of mean minds consider some as friends and some as enemies. But the large hearted ones make the whole world their own. I am ocean of love. Love all as your own self.
- Nice people are like the wind: you will never know what is inside their heart but you will always feel their presence (you are one of them).
- Understand the mind and go beyond the mind. Don't mix with the thoughts, just see and leave them. All thoughts arise due to ego. No ego,no thoughts. Ego vanishes by 100% samarpan.
- Time is money and more than money. Money mistakes can be corrected but wasted time is lost forever. Utilize every minute in creative work, nishkam seva or Satsang.
- Faith can move mountains. Believe in yourself. Belief, I am positive. I can do attitude generates power, skill, energy needed to do.
- It is your attitude in life and not aptitude (intelligence) that will determine your altitude (how high you go in life).
Saturday, December 25, 2004
People read our minds, and we also read the minds of other people. You don't need to know any language to say ''I like you'' or ''I despise you'' or " I think you're important" or ''unimportant" or "I envy you". You don't need to know words or to use words to say "I like my job" or "I'm bored" or "I am hungry". People speak without a word.
How we think shows through in how we act. Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking.
Attitudes do more than show through. They "sound" through too. When a secretary says" Good Morning, I am from HDFC Bank" His tone of voice tells" I like you. I'm glad you're calling.I think you're important. I like my job. But another secretary saying exactly the same words tells you," You bothered me. I wish you hadn't called. I'm bored with my job and I don't like people who bother me."
We read attitudes through expressions, voice tones and inflections. For millions of years men communicated with other men by body and facial expressions and sounds not words. And we still communicate our attitude, our feelings towards people and things the same way.
Apart from facilities and competence what is the single factor that contributes to your success can be defined in a single word -- ATTITUDE. When our attitude is right, our abilities to reach a maximum of effectiveness and good results inevitably follow.
Grow three attitudes. Make them your allies.
Grow the attitude I'm activated.
Grow the attitude You're important.
Grow the attitude of service first.
To activate others, you must first activate yourself. E.g., A professor taught history in such a dull boring manner that the whole class used to sleep. The students had no interest in what the professor was saying because he himself had no interest. He was bored with history. To activate others, to get them to be enthusiastic, you must first be enthusiastic yourself. A man who lacks enthusiasm never develops it in another. But a person who is enthusiastic soon has enthusiastic followers. Enthusiasm can make things 100% better. To be enthusiastic:
Dig deeper: To get enthusiasm about anything- people, faces, things- dig deeper.
Apparently everything seems boring but when we start digging deeper and taking interest, it becomes interesting. I confess that for years I had no interest in spirituality but when I met Guru and he showed what spiritualism means, how to be positive, how to be happy in all circumstances. He told us "You are not this body mind or intellect. You are that all pervading omnipresent spirit."
In everything you do, Liven it up: Enthusiasm, or lack of it, shows through in everything you do and say. Liven up your smiles. Smile with your eyes. Nobody likes an artificial, pasted, or rubbery smile. Smile from inside. A warm smile shows an enthusiastic personality.
Liven up your handshaking. When you shake hands, shake. Clasp your hands. Say," I am glad to know you. I am glad to see you again." Liven up your "Thank Yous." A routine automatic "thank you" is almost like saying "bleep, bleep"
People go along with a fellow who believes what he says. Say it with life. Put vitality into your speaking. Put enthusiasm behind what you say. A speech (satsang) delivered enthusiastically may be remembered for months but speech delivered without enthusiasm may be forgotten within an hour. And when you put life in talk, you automatically put more life in you. Just try this right now. Say out aloud with force and vigour," I feel great today." Now don't you actually feel better than you did before you said it? Make yourself alive allover.
Live it up. Be sure everything you do and say, tells people that the fellow is alive, he means it.
Broadcast good news: Good news develop enthusiasm, good news catches 100% attention from everyone present. Good news pleases people, so transmit good news to your family, friends. Tell them the good that happened today. Recall the amusing, pleasant things you experienced and let the unpleasant things stay buried. Its pointless to pass on the bad, it makes your family, friends buried. It makes them nervous. Bring home some sunlight everyday. Make it a habit to speak favourably about the weather, regardless of what the weather actually is. Complaining about weather makes you more miserable and it spreads misery to others. Broadcast good news about how you feel. Be a "I feel great " person. Just say "I feel great" at every possible opportunity and you will feel better.
How we feel is, in large part, determined by how we think, we feel. Remember, people want to be around alive, enthusiastic people. Being around complainers and half dead people is uncomfortable.
Transmit good news to people you work with, give them encouragement, compliment at every opportunity, tell them about positive things they are doing, listen to their problems, be helpful, encourage people and win their support. Pat them on their back for the job they are doing, give them hope, let them know that you believe they can succeed, that you have faith in them, practice relieving worries. Make this little test regularly to keep you on the right track. Whenever you leave a person, ask yourself, does that person honestly feel better because he has talked with me? This self- training device works. Apply it when talking with employees, associates, your family, customers, even with casual acquaintances.
Grow the You- are- important attitude:- This is a fact of paramount significance that every person whether he is ignorant or brilliant, civilized/ uncivilized, young/ old has this desire -- He wants to feel important. Ponder on that. Everyone, yes everyone, your neighbour, your wife, your boss has a natural desire to feel "he is somebody". The desire to be important is man's strongest, most compelling non-biological hunger.
Satisfying the craving, hunger to be important carries you to the success. It is a basic instrument in your success to chest. Make every person you meet feel they are very important. "You are important" gets results and even though it costs nothing, few persons use it.
People do more for you when you make them feel important. And if you make a person feel that he is nobody, he is good for nothing, he will not do anything for you.
People who don't have a deep down feeling of self-importance are mediocre people. Again and again this point must be driven home, you must feel important to succeed, and helping others to feel important rewards you because it makes you feel more important. To make the other person feel important:
1. Practice appreciation.
2. Practice calling people by their names.
3. Share your success with the whole team and not take all the glory yourself.
4. Grow the service-first attitude and watch money take care of itself. Make it a rule in everything you do, give people more than they expect to get.
In an average positive home by the time a child is 18 yrs.old he is told 1,48,000 times "NO!" or what he cannot accomplish. Only a few hundred times what they could accomplish in life. The "Yes's" we receive simply didn't balance out the "No's". This negative programming we all received has come to us unintentionally .It has come to us from our parents (who wanted to protect us), it has come from brothers, sisters and teachers, our schoolmates, our associates, our life partner. Psychoanalysts say 77% of everything we think is negative. We keep repeating hundreds, even thousands of times what we were told, or what we told ourselves. Repetition is a convincing argument. Eventually we believed what others told us and what we told ourselves most. We began to live out the picture of ourselves, we have created in our minds.
Bible says "As a man thinketh, so is he" . Every step you take, move you make, or word you say is affected by the conditioning and programming we gave ourselves and what we received from others. How successful you will be at anything is inexorable tied to the words and beliefs about yourself that you have stored in your subconscious mind. I was shocked to learn the simplicity of one simple fact. You will become what you think most. Your success or failure in anything large or small will depend on your programming -- what you accept from others, and what YOU SAY WHEN YOU TALK TO YOURSELF.
Our brain is like a computer. A computer has a screen that displays, results-words, numbers, pictures that we want the computer to store for us. The Keyboard is like a typewriter keyboard, it types the directions and information we give to the computer. Floppy disk is a small magnetic sheet which will record information. Whatever we record or programme onto the disk stays there forever unless some one changes the information by erasing the old information or leaving it blank or by typing new information.
The brain has similar parts. The computer screen is comparable to our appearance and our actions -- What we "display" to the world around us. In a human being, the computer keyboard is the same as our five senses. Anything we hear, see, taste, touch or smell -- or anything we say to ourselves is "programmed" into our brain through our keyboard -- our five senses. In the human brain the floppy disk is our sub-conscious mind. Everything we experience is recorded programmed into our subconscious mind.
Our brain is like a control room with thousands of switches, one switch controls our moods, another health, our emotions, hopes, dreams, our memory, judgment, attitude, fears, logic. Another section is responsible for how we act, how we move, sit, stand, walk, look, speak, react and respond. These switches controlled by our five senses and special mental commands which direct and control us are called thoughts.
Every thought we think, every conscious or unconscious thought we say to ourselves, is translated into electrical impulses, which in turn, direct the control centers in our brains to electrically and chemically affect and control every motion, every feeling, every action we take, every moment of every day.
Whatever "thoughts" you have programmed into yourself or have allowed others to program into you, are affecting, directing or controlling everything about you. I still remember the time when, as a grade-school student, I wanted more than anything I could think of to play a musical instrument and be a member of school band. I was handed an alien instrument, and asked to play in front of the instructor. I was dismissed, I knew I had not done well. I overheard the band director telling my class teacher that not only could I not play in the band, but I had no musical ability and would never be able to play a musical instrument! What incredible programming for a twelve year old boy who had his heart set on learning how to play. It worked, I believed I had no musical ability. After twenty frustrating years I finally got enough courage to rent a piano and learn some notes and play it secretly when no one was around. I learned that my school instructor was wrong and I believed him. This is what happens when people say negative things to us. This is how we get programmed.
You can reprogram. You can erase old negatives and replace it with a healthy, new, positive, productive kind of programming. And it's easy erase and replace. All you have to do is learn to talk to yourself.
There are dozens of examples of statements and comments which loving parents have told their children, not realizing that it will create failure instead of happiness and success. Some of these negative statements are "You're just no good at that", "Your room is always a mess", "Can't you do anything right, you just don't try", "You never listen to me", "You never study", "You are lazy", "You will never amount to anything".
We have learned that what we put into our brains is what we will get back. We have also learned that our subconscious mind is a sponge. It will believe whatever you tell it, it even believes a lie -- if you tell it often enough and strongly enough. The brain makes no moral judgments it simply accepts what you tell it --
1. PROGRAMMING CREATES BELIEFS
2. BELIEF CREATES ATTITUDES
3. ATTITUDES CREATE FEELINGS
4. FEELINGS DETERMINE ACTIONS
5. ACTIONS CREATE RESULTS
This is how the brain works. If you want to manage yourself in a better way, and change your results, you can do so at anytime you choose. Start with the first step. Change your programming;
There are 5 levels of self-talk. Self-talk is a way to override our past negative programming by erasing or replacing it with conscious, positive new directions. Self Talk is a practical was to live our lives by an active intent rather than by passive acceptance.
5 levels of Self-Talk
Level 1: In this level you say something bad or negative about yourself and accept it. Some examples of Level 1 are -- I can't; I wish I could, but I can't; I don't have the energy I used to have; I am not good at Math; I can't learn anything new.
Unfortunately, it is the most frequently used self talk of all. This level of self talk wreaks our lives. We are telling ourselves to hesitate, we are not good enough, we cannot do anything.
Level II: It is characterized y such words as "I tried to" or "I ought to" or "I should be more organized but I am not", ""I should take care of my health, but I am not taking care ", "I ought to be more positive but I am not". Level II is also negative self talk, it creates guilt, disappointments. Is it good programming? No, it is not. Will it help us to succeed? No it will not.
Level III: is characterized by "I never smoke", "I have no problem in dealing with people", "I never get upset in traffic". In this you are putting your negatives behind and stating them in a positive way, e.g., "I never get upset" or "I never get angry". You use your self talk to tell yourself that you never get angry. When you have a feeling of getting angry you tell yourself that you never get angry. For a while you'll still be angry. But your sub-conscious mind gets conditioned the moment you have a surge of anger, your subconscious mind will tell you-- "I don't get angry. Your anger will subside.
Level IV: It is characterized by words "I am organized"', "I am a winner", I like who I am", I am healthy, energetic, enthusiastic and I am going for it". "I have determination, drive and self belief". Positive self talk replaces cannot"" with vibrant "Yes! I can. Level IV self-talk inspires, encourages, fills up with self belief and moves us on the road to success.
Level V: is a self talk of oneness with God. It is characterized by words such as I AM ONE WITH UNIVERSE. I AM DIVINE, I AM LOVE. This level is for spiritual progress and to feel the unity with God and the whole universe.
Another important thing to remember is that you do not say what you don't want. Don't give negative feedings to your brain. What you think is what you experience. It takes 21 days to change negative programming. For at least 21 days say that you don’t get angry. Saying "I am happy" will control your temper. In the same way you can change any old habit by repeating positive statements for 21 days. E.g., "I have quit smoking!", "ALL IS WELL IN MY LIFE! I AM THE BEST!"
Monday, December 20, 2004
Good Thoughts - 10
- You become what you think most. You success or failures depends on how you program your mind. What you accept from others. What you say when you talk to yourself. Be positive.
- Coal when tolerates a lot of pressure and hardships... it becomes a DIAMOND. Sarv ke hith ke liye sahan karne se koyla se hire ke tarah mahan ban jate hai. Three things in life that will never come back. Time, words and opportunity.
- Three things in life that may never be lost- hope, love and friend like SATGURU.
- For success you need three things. 1. Concentration to remain in the present. 2. consistency-continuous effort. 3. team work- milkar kaam Karen (unity).
- The root of misery (dukh) is duality. The remedy is to realize that all objects of experience are unreal and I am pure consciousness (ATMA).
- Awake while you play. Awake while you work. Awake while you eat. Awake while you sleep. Nirantar apne atam swaroop me jagte rahen.
- Prayer is not a spare wheel that you pull out when in trouble. A prayer is a steering wheel, that directs the right path throughout our life.
- Difficulties never stay forever. They pass away just like water passes away under a bridge . Samta me rahen.
- Prayer is to the GOD within. It does not provoke GOD to change his will; but it enables us to know his will, which is SUPREME.
- All thoughts of past and future are a burden, shed them. Enjoy life, by living in the moment. Isi pal me jeena sekho.